Trinity’s University Student Success Center rebranded as the Thrive Center
Trinity CommunicationsAugust 13, 2018
The center that provides academic support, career development and academic guidance on the Trinity International University campus has been rebranded as the Thrive Center.
Formerly known as the University Student Success Center (USSC) for several years, the new identity calls more attention to the key objective of the center’s work.
“I think the Thrive Center better communicates our goals and services to help Trinity students thrive (grow and succeed) while they are here,” Thrive Center director Mechelle Garrett said. “My hope is that the change will communicate that the Center is a place of support for all students and that their successes while they are at Trinity are important to us.”
Within the Thrive Center’s overarching mission, all students will have access a variety of services:
- Career exploration
- Internship and job search assistance
- Academic advice for course scheduling, degree requirements and degree completion planning;
- Disabilities services such as academic and physical need-based support for students;
- Language tutoring in Greek and Hebrew
- Test accommodations and make up tests as approved by professor
- Test proctoring for non-TIU tests; writing tutoring services
- Academic/theological writing support
- ESL/International Student writing assistance and line editing
- Line editing/proofreading services (for a fee)
The Thrive Center staff has been using the new name and accompanying brand mark for several weeks. Garrett reports traffic to the center’s social media site – as well as overall inquiries – are increasing.
Offices are located in the Lew Center on the Deerfield campus. Anyone with questions about the Thrive Center’s services may contact Garrett at [email protected] or (847) 317-7158.