Campus-Wide MLK Day Celebration
Trinity CommunicationsJanuary 06, 2018
Trinity International University warmly invites the entire campus, local community, and churches to our celebration of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day on Monday, January 15, 2018 from 11:30 am—4 pm in the Waybright Center on Trinity’s Deerfield Campus (2065 Half Day Rd, Bannockburn, IL 60015).
The entire program is free and open to the public. Free childcare is also available. For Trinity students, chapel credit(s) will also be available.
Schedule of Events
Aside from workshops, all events will take place in Melton Hall. The day-long program will include:
- Lunch (sponsored by the Evangelical Free Church of America): 11:30 am
- Opening Ceremony – featuring a public reading of a Dr. King sermon by members of the Trinity community, worship, prayer, and a performance by the Trinity Gospel Choir: 12 pm
- Workshops on various topics (see below): 2 pm
- Closing Ceremony – including worship, prayer, and communion: 3 pm
- Why Should I Care About MLK Day?
- Wall of Stereotypes
- Connecting with a Diverse Student Body (for faculty and staff)
- Salve for the Weary Soul: I’m in the Fight and I’m Tired
As a university community, our hope and prayer is that this day will leave us freshly inspired and challenged to pursue Gospel-centered reconciliation, justice and compassion in the spirit of Dr. King on our campus, in our churches, and in our nation and world.
# # #
Martin Luther King Day Celebration Planning Committee
Womans Basketball Coach
IDO Student Coordinator
Professor of Education
Black Student Union President
Vice Presdient of Student Life, Dean of Students
Society of Black Scholars President