Modified schedule for undergrad students on Aug. 23
Trinity CommunicationsAugust 20, 2017
The traditional undergraduate classes of Trinity College will follow a modified schedule on the first day of classes, August 23, due to University Convocation. Classes between 9 a.m. and 3:15 p.m. will each be shortened by 5 minutes. Students and faculty should carefully note the modified schedule, below. Schedules will also be posted throughout buildings where college classes meet.
- 8:00 – 8:50 a.m. (and 7:35 – 8:50 a.m.) classes are unchanged.
- 9:00 – 9:50 a.m. classes will meet 9:00 – 9:45 a.m.
- 10:00 – 10:50 a.m. classes will meet 9:55 – 10:40 a.m.
- 11:00 a.m. — Convocation
- 12:15 – 1:05 p.m. classes will meet 12:40 – 1:25 p.m.
- 1:15 – 2:05 p.m. classes will meet 1:35 – 2:20 p.m.
- 2:15 – 3:05 p.m. classes will meet 2:30 – 3:15 p.m.
Classes, labs and music groups that meet in the late afternoon or evening will follow their regular schedule.
The Convocation service is anticipated to be longer than a standard chapel. This schedule change spreads the impact over all classes equally. In order to start Convocation promptly at 11:00, classes will be dismissed at 10:40 to give students and faculty time to make their way to the chapel and be in place for the service before 11:00.
Note that this schedule change is for the traditional undergraduate program of Trinity College in Deerfield only. TEDS, TGS, and REACH classes will follow their normal schedules.